Happy Friday! Announcement: my article about names in Netflix’s Stranger Things is being featured on Nameberry today! Go check it out if you haven’t already read it. 🙂
Anyway, it’s time for my weekly post of rare names! The following names were bestowed upon 27-29 American baby boys in 2015, according to data from the Social Security Administration. This post is a selection; meaning that not all the names in the data have been included here; consider this a sampler.
Since there are more names concentrated towards the bottom of the pot, I will post relatively small ranges of names from here on out. Eventually, I plan to post lists of names used only 5 or only 6 times, for example.
- 29: Adalberto, Aidric, Alias, Amon, Audie, Augusto, Burhanuddin, Cage, Cincere, Cord, Darron, Demoni, Dierks, Egypt, Findley, Gaspar, Hadrian, Homer, Jr, Karder, Keshaun, Kyrell, Lander, Latham, Mackenzie, Nam, Phinehas, Ripley, Rohen, Shlome, Torrey, Uri, Wilbur, Zadok
- 28: Adi, Aleister, Amador, Amarius, Balian, Bentzion, Bless, Bogdan, Caelum, Carnell, Chapman, Coda, Crispin, Denali, Donato, Errol, Haydn, Indy, Josemaria, Jozef, Khi, Maximino, Nachman, Norberto, Padraig, Race, Servando, Tennessee, Tiger, Trapper, Whit, Zealand
- 27: Ananias, Antwone, Audric, Beauregard, Benuel, Blessing, Buck, Buddy, Castle, Cristo, Dartagnan, Dietrich, Dre, Emeric, Gaston, Gianfranco, Gohan, Herschel, Jebediah, Joachim, Judge, Kofi, Mars, Matthieu, Md, Omri, Pascual, Praise, Quaid, Quest, Renly, Rigel, Savior, Ward
Some of the previous posts in this series:
- Below the Top 1000, Part 15 (Girls)
- Below the Top 1000, Part 16 (Boys)
- Below the Top 1000, Part 17 (Girls)
- Below the Top 1000, Part 18 (Boys)
- Below the Top 1000, Part 19 (Girls)