Can you believe it’s only February? It feels like April! I’m not complaining…yet.
The U.S. name popularity data for 2016 won’t be released until May, but until then, the 2015 data is the freshest we have. Sometime soon, I’ll sit down and tally my predictions for the new year. In the meantime, I’d like to finish this post series. Taking into consideration my long absence from blogging, I’ve decided to try posting these twice a week until May (or sooner, if completion comes before then). Previously, I wrote these on a weekly schedule.
A question for all of you: would you like me to continue posting lists of rare names like these for the 2016 data? I’m thinking if I do, they’ll be more commentary-based. Fewer names, but more in-depth. How does that sound?
Anyway, the names!
Today’s selection contains girls’ names used only 16 or 17 times in the U.S. in 2015, according to data from the Social Security Administration. The SSA publishes information on the most popular baby names in America every year, along with almost every name used at least 5 times (very few exceptions).
- 17: Abigaelle, Adaia, Aeliana, Alura, Anaelle, Atziry, Belladonna, Betzabeth, Brave, Bruna, Carlene, Catriona, Chasidy, Contessa, Creedence, Cyleigh, Davie, Dove, Eh, Electra, Eleonore, Erykah, Farryn, Gabrianna, Gioia, Gladis, Harnoor, Heavyn, Holiday, Ikhlas, Indica, Jannatul, Jaylean, Josseline, Kherington, Klover, Lawren, Leiliana, Lilo, Lyrica, Maebel, Mahealani, Marifer, Maryclaire, Monzerrat, Nadyalee, Nardos, Nelle, Nydia, Oksana, Oreoluwa, Purity, Roseline, Ruthanne, Ruwayda, Sinclair, Skarlette, Talaysia, Vilma, Zayley, Zyanya
- 16: Abcde (!), Ahlani, Akshita, Alannie, Alianys, Alishba, Alys, Ambrosia, Analeia, Andersyn, Anjana, Aolanis, Aphrodite, Arabel, Ariely, Astoria, Astraea, Avnoor, Basil, Candelaria, Carlotta, Carolann, Corabelle, Dilara, Eilee, Elianys, Elizabelle, Elona, Emmakate, Epiphany, Fable, Heavenleigh, Humaira, Isaura, Jaelani, Jamielynn, Jamiracle, Jordi, Katalia, Katja, Kaye, Kimberlin, Klaudia, Lilybeth, Lively, Lovella, Lynnea, Maeven, Mairany, Malillany, Maude, Meliana, Melrose, Memory, Mizuki, Nereida, Netanya, Nile, Nyx, Patsy, Rosaria, Roshni, Sable, Satori, Solace, Talulah, Temiloluwa, Tessla, Truth, Tuesday, Vincenza, Wrenley, Yakelin, Yari, Zaylin, Zenovia, Zephaniah, Zulay
What do you think of these names? Any favorites? Least-favorites? Let me know in the comments!
Previous five posts in this series:
- Below the Top 1000, Part 28 (Boys)
- Below the Top 1000, Part 27 (Girls)
- Below the Top 1000, Part 26 (Boys)
- Below the top 1000, Part 25 (Girls)
- Below the Top 1000, Part 24 (Boys)