The results of the Twitter poll are in! According to your votes, Autumn is the overwhelming favorite season baby name (60%). Summer was the second-most popular, taking 20% of the votes. Spring and Winter received one vote each. Besides winning my poll, Autumn is the only of these names that’s currently in the American top 100. Hmm…
And now, here’s a rather large selection of names…the last of the double-digits for the 2015 set! The next few posts are going to cover the extremely rare names used under 10 times (down to 5 occurrences). Today’s post covers just some of the many names given to 10 or 11 girls in the U.S. two years ago. The data comes from the Social Security Administration, which releases new baby name information annually in May.
- 11: Aariel, Aayushi, Adhvika, Adylee, Ailish, Akela, Alandra, Alene, Allora, Alonie, Aluel, Alyla, Amalea, Anam, Andelyn, Annabellee, Annalucia, Anthea, Aseneth, Astra, Asuna, Aunika, Averleigh, Aynsley, Azmina, Beautifull, Beauty, Bessie, Caitriona, California, Camdynn, Caoimhe, Carmelita, Celestia, Channel, Charisse, Charlestyn, Chidinma, Clementina, Cyann, Destine, Dianey, Dominga, Donatella, Drishti, Dunia, Elaria, Emilija, Estee, Evolett, Fleur, Galaxy, Galina, Gemini, Genesee, Gift, Graylee, Hanalei, Heartley, Heloise, Hoda, Iesha, Iola, Janelys, Jasmeet, Jeneva, Jonni, Junie, Kaithlyn, Kemper, Kestrel, Kharis, Khloi, Kiyoko, Konstantina, Kornelia, Laelia, Latisha, Lilium, Lilybelle, Lydian, Mahaley, Maryori, Maudie, Mayela, Mayelin, Megyn, Miyuki, Morelia, Nahara, Nefertiti, Neko, Nimco, Nivia, Noha, Olamide, Oliwia, Oneida, Orchid, Owynn, Pallas, Poet, Posy, Prabhleen, Prisca, Psalm, Rocket, Rosamund, Saddie, Sahily, Samanvitha, Santa, Saphyre, Seylah, Solomiya, Steele, Tahari, Tallie, Talon, Tashi, Temple, Timea, Tovah, Trust, Valeska, Varvara, Via, Whisper, Winner, Xayla, Yamilex, Yoseline, Zhane
- 10: Achol, Adaira, Adamae, Adecyn, Adelheid, Adelind, Adriella, Aerie, Aero, Akyra, Albina, Aleksia, Ameia, Amily, Analilia, Annaelle, Annalyssa, Argelia, Asiana, Atlantis, Axelle, Azhar, Bareerah, Beckley, Belkis, Bellamia, Betul, Beyonce, Bijou, Bravery, Brigit, Carole, Cerise, Columbia, Copper, Cressida, Dabney, Darielis, Dniyah, Dresden, Dublin, Duchess, Elisabella, Elysium, Emmajane, Enola, Erandi, Esbeidy, Eulalie, Evanie, Faithful, Feliciana, Finola, Flannery, Flavia, Francia, Graciana, Hephzibah, Hero, Hilde, Ilithyia, Illyria, Jayceona, Jerusalem, Jochebed, Kahealani, Kauri, Kenyatta, Khadeejah, Kitty, Kona, Laelle, Larose, Laylonie, Lenah, Lissa, Liyat, Lyda, Lyrique, Magda, Maire, Marciana, Mariamawit, Maripaz, Marycatherine, Mattingly, Midori, Mirren, Morningstar, Nabeeha, Nasteho, Oceanna, Odilia, Parthenia, Providence, Rebelle, Rhealynn, Rodina, Ryilee, Salsabil, Sarahgrace, Shadow, Shanley, Siddhi, Sinead, Summit, Sunniva, Thaleia, Trinidad, Trixie, Tyjae, Vitalia, Yalexa, Yuleidy, Zakayla, Zeldy, Zeppelin, Zissel, Zoria, Zykeria
Questions? Favorites? Do you absolutely hate one of these names with a passion? Let me know in the comments!
Last 5 posts in this series:
- Below the Top 1000, Part 34 (Boys)
- Below the Top 1000, Part 33 (Girls)
- Below the Top 1000, Part 32 (Boys)
- Below the Top 1000, Part 31 (Girls)
- Below the Top 1000, Part 30 (Boys)