There are relatively few popular girls’ names that start with the letter ‘N,’ and in 2016, the vast majority of the many rare names were given to fewer than 50 girls each. Out of all 26 initials, I think this one has one of the most interesting selections of rare girls’ names because so many of them derive from languages with non-Latin alphabets (Arabic, Persian, Japanese, etc.). Personally, I enjoy seeing the names of minor Greek goddesses and famous Egyptian queens.*
- 100-236 girls named: Nellie, Nahla, Neriah, Nadine, Nori, Noelia, Nicolette, Navy, Naima, Nayla, Nayva, Nechama
- 50-99: Nariyah, Noella, Neva, Noelani, Norma, Naia, Nirvana, Nessa, Navi, Nyasia, Nell, Nika, Nazareth, Nella, Nallely, Naisha, Naina
- 25-49: November, Niamh, Nubia, Neely, Nithya, Nashla, Nawal, Nyra, Nihira, Nyssa, Naydelin, Novella, Nari, Natalyn, Neha, Nalia, Nami, Nona, Nidhi, Nura, Nefertari, Nivea, Nissi, Novalynn, Nainika, Nakayla, Naysa, Niara, Nyelle, Nuri, Nandini, Nara, Neela, Nisa, Nusaybah, Nasira, Natania, Nishka
- 10-24: Nevada, Niang, Nicolina, Nadira, Nautica, Nizhoni, Noreen, Nairobi, Nakia, Nana, Nani, Nicola, Nimrat, Nydia, Nabiha, Nena, Netanya, Nitara, Noya, Nahia, Natalina, Nayara, Neala, Neda, Nettie, Neytiri, Niharika, Nuha, Nayleen, Nayra, Nazaria, Niyati, Nohea, Noni, Nyanna, Nyari, Nyema, Nabila, Nayana, Nefertiti, Nelle, Nethra, Nisha, Nixie, Nomi, Nuria, Nafisa, Nalaya, Naveen, Nelia, Nichelle, Novi, Namine, Narjis, Nashley, Navia, Nerissa, Niala, Nikayla, Nyelli, Nishika, Nohealani, Nusrat, Nylee, Naavya, Nairi, Najwa, Nakshatra, Nasiyah, Nazanin, Nazli, Nhi, Nirvi, Noralee, Nyala, Naba, Nahara, Nardos, Nasra, Nazariah, Nicoletta, Nikitha, Nima, Nimco, Nita, Novia, Nuvia, Nyx, Nadezhda, Nali, Naloni, Namiko, Nature, Nereida, Nimo, Nithila, Nuala, Nymeria, Namira, Nandana, Nandi, Nathania, Nil, Nyrie
- 9: Najat, Nakyla, Nalaysia, Nanette, Nareh, Nasreen, Nasteho, Natividad, Naturi, Naw, Nazarene, Ndeye, Necha, Neidy, Ngun, Nicte, Nishi, Nishtha
- 8: Nabella, Naeemah, Naida, Naileth, Nandika, Naveena, Navika, Nayeliz, Nayonika, Nebula, Nema, Nevaen, Nili, Nimrit, Nisreen, Noga, Nory, Nouf
- 7: Nakoma, Namiyah, Narae, Nare, Natsumi, Naveh, Nazaret, Nefeli, Neleh, Neoma, Neona, Nevelyn, Nhyira, Nialynn, Niamya, Nini, Nirva, Nishat, Niti, Normajean
- 6: Naama, Nafas, Najmo, Nalini, Nanako, Nanami, Nargis, Nasro, Naydeline, Naylee, Nazari, Nedra, Nelsy, Nemesis, Nera, Netta, Nevina, Niani, Nicolasa, Nigeria, Niha, Nike, Nikolija, Nilda, Ninette, Niniola, Nivedha, Nneoma, Noli, Noorain, Noorulain, Norelle, Norielle, Noriko, Nuhamin, Numa, Nyjah, Nyota
- 5: Nadie, Naliana, Naraly, Nareen, Narely, Narumi, Nashira, Natasia, Navira, Nayyirah, Nazuri, Nechuma, Nelida, Neola, Neorah, Nesta, Neylin, Ngawang, Nieves, Nimisha, Nimrah, Ninamarie, Nineveh, Niralya, Nirqun, Nishitha, Nneka, Nnenna, Nollie, Novalise, Novarae, Nozomi, Nube, Nubian, Nylyn, Nzinga
*The Greek goddesses in question are Nyx, Nemesis, and Nike, while the Egyptian queens are Nefertiti and Nefertari. I love that modern children are getting these names!
Do you have a favorite name from this list? Let me know!