Here are some rare ‘S’ names that were given to boys in 2016, according to data from the Social Security Administration. Earlier today, I posted about one of the names included in this list – Severus – because I’ve never seen him anywhere near as common as 32 boys in one year! To be fair, that’s still considered very rare.
- 150-199: Simeon, Sidney, Semaj, Slade, Stone, Shlomo, Sami, Smith, Syed
- 100-149: Salem, Salman, Steele, Sheldon, Siddharth, Saint
- 50-99: Sire, Sultan, Savion, Seven, Shamar, Storm, Shaurya, Stryker, Saif, Shiv, Samarth, Shaya, Stellan, Sulaiman, Saleh, Shlok, Shia, Sahil, Samar, Sylvester, Shayan, Selim, Stiles, Stockton, Stuart, Shivansh, Simcha, Slater, Shaquille, Sahir, Shulem, Steel, Sagan, Sampson, Shai, Sir
- 25-49: Shamir, Surya, Sai, Saxon, Sherman, Sanjay, Stratton, Sutter, Shakur, Slate, Srihan, Stanton, Subhan, Sylvan, Shmiel, Summit, Safwan, Seeley, Shelton, Saud, Sirius, Sriyan, Sachin, Saharsh, Shreyan, Scotty, Soham, Sven, Shaw, Stryder, Sudais, Sahib, Severus, Shloimy, Stewart, Sabir, Shraga, Shreyansh, Sander, Selvin, Shivam, Saxton, Servando, Sharif, Silvio, Sanad, Satvik, Shan, Saw, Shaul, Styles, Sadiq, Sandro, Schuyler, Siddhartha, Sriram
- 10-24: Sajid, Sekou, Shayden, Sanders, Saulo, Savon, Sharbel, Slayton, Saketh, Santo, Sparsh, Stirling, Sully, Santonio, Strider, Supreme, Stark, Saverio, Shakir, Sixto, Sufyan, Sahaj, Sal, Santi, Sebastiano, Serafin, Serge, Sharvil, Shaunak, Sherrod, Sherwin, Shneur, Sid, Stavros, Sabian, Samael, Savino, Savior, Schneider, Shad, Skanda, Sayer, Shade, Sheikh, Silvano, Srithik, Sanford, Shedrick, Shiva, Snyder, Sohail, Stevenson, Saber, Sanjeev, Sharmarke, Shimshon, Shine, Sinclair, Sriyansh, Stafford, Stanford, Stanislav, Sabino, Sadler, Sanav, Sandor, Sanjith, Severiano, Shahid, Shaka, Shant, Shaquan, Shooter, Subham, Simba, Sneyder, Samwise, Sanchez, Sang, Sarkis, Severin, Shah, Shray, Sigmund, Sumner, Sun, Szymon
- 9: Sabdiel, Samanyu, Samhith, Schneur, Sekai, Serigne, Seymour, Shadrach, Sherwood, Sho, Shuaib, Skip, Soma, Sovereign, Stokely, Swade
- 8: Sabien, Safeer, Sajjad, Samridh, Santiel, Sartaj, Saurav, Sava, Savage, Scot, Seraj, Sergei, Severo, Seydou, Shahir, Shandon, Shemuel, Shep, Sherlock, Shivin, Shota, Silvan, Skyden, Sneijder, Solon, Spiro, Srikar, Staten, Stedman, Stihl, Striker
- 7: Salahuddin, Samyog, Saugat, Schafer, Selassie, Shabazz, Shalev, Shahin, Shashank, Shenouda, Siaosi, Siddiq, Silvino, Sladen, Smaran, Sony, Srihaas, Sriman, Strickland
- 6: Sadrac, Sagar, Sahishnu, Saiansh, Salam, Samatar, Samuela, Samwell, Saquan, Savoy, Sayyid, Seaton, Seger, Selwyn, Sender, Shankar, Shavar, Shazil, Shervin, Shivay, Shohjahon, Shomari, Siddh, Sigurd, Sirach, Siranthony, Sirking, Sly, Smokey, Sosuke, Sotero, Srihith, Srijan, Srikrishna, Sruly, Stallone, Statham, Stevens, Sundiata
- 5: Safwat, Sakariye, Salinger, San, Satchel, Sathwik, Satoshi, Satyam, Savant, Say, Seanix, Serafim, Severyn, Shady, Shaker, Shaydon, Sheng, Shresht, Shyheim, Siddhanth, Siegfried, Sigifredo, Sircharles, Sirwilliam, Slevin, Solaris, Solo, Srihari, Sriniketh, Srinivas, Stalin, Stanlee, Statler, Stelios, Suyog, Syd
Do you have a favorite name on this list? Let me know! And if you haven’t already seen the list of rare ‘S’ names for girls, here it is.
2017 baby name data for the U.S. is supposed to be released around May 11th, so we are in the homestretch! In the meantime, let’s finish up the 2016 alphabet.
Here are some rare ‘S’ names that were given to baby girls in the U.S. in 2016, according to data from the Social Security Administration.
- 200-259 girls named: Sonia, Samiyah, Samira, Shanaya, Shea, Sarahi, Scout, Sherlyn, Sanaa, Sally, Seraphina, Sunny, Saanvi, Stacy, Selene
- 150-199: Soraya, Shannon, Saniya, Susanna, Salem, Skylynn, Shirley, Sapphire
- 100-149: Shreya, Soleil, Symphony, Suri, Sarina, Shania, Sia, Shaylee, Stormy, Salome, Sahana, Skylee, Sheila, Shyla, Shayna, Sumaya, Sabina, Sybil, Safa, Sahara, Shoshana
- 50-99: Sahasra, Selma, Susannah, Sol, Star, Shira, Safiya, Sandy, Sevyn, Sama, Sabella, Sinai, Serene, Sabine, Shaindy, Swara, Simran, Story, Suzanne, Sedona, Sparrow, Saya, Seren, Sequoia, Syeda, Sakura, Samaria, Simona, Sahar, Scotlyn, Sirena, Snow, Starr, Scottie, Siobhan, Sayuri, Sherry, Sapphira, Silvana, Silver, Sunshine
- 25-49: Sade, Stefania, Sora, Swayze, Sena, Siham, Sima, Shivani, Sidra, Solana, Soliana, Shanelle, Sonora, Shawna, Svea, Scotland, Sephora, Seraphine, Shifra, Suzette, Saray, Starla, Sanya, Saori, Shelly, Sheridan, Sicily, Shanti, Solara, Saba, Shekinah, Sunday, Saja, Seneca, Salwa, Seerat, Solange, Suhana, Sanjana, Sarayu, Solene, Saffron, Sheryl, Sitara, Sakina, Savvy, Setareh, Starlene, Sunni, Sayla, Shamya, Suhani, Saskia, Shahd, Shakira, Shanice, Soledad, Sona, Srinika, Suhayla, Samanvi, Sansa, Seanna, Senna, Sheena, Shree, Soha, Sriya, Stephania
- 10-24: Shaindel, Shanya, Siri, Sabreen, Sloka, Sonali, Sundus, Safiyyah, Sari, September, Shahad, Shailene, Sila, Solveig, Sable, Samina, Sanari, Signe, Sehaj, Svetlana, Sibyl, Solomia, Sonam, Spirit, Sejal, Sneha, Srishti, Saleena, Sameeha, Sarabi, Saveah, Savi, Siddhi, Syrena, Sabiha, Sachi, Saliha, Sarabeth, Sarita, Sham, Shani, Sreshta, Starlynn, Sukhmani, Sabria, Safari, Saloma, Sanika, Sanyla, Sargun, Shakayla, Sigrid, Simi, Simra, Spring, Sylvana, Sakari, Samreen, Sanvika, Shirin, Sokhna, Sophina, Suki, Sunjai, Samhita, Santina, Satya, Secret, Shadia, Shireen, Shivanya, Shulamis, Shylee, Smriti, Sole, Sritha, Saddie, Sagal, Samreet, Sativa, Sefora, Seraphim, Setayesh, Shalaya, Sharanya, Shruthi, Solimar, Sophiana, Srinidhi, Staley, Starlet, Sue, Sui, Sukaina, Sabirin, Sadhana, Sahily, Samyukta, Saralynn, Selenia, Shaddai, Shailey, Shamara, Shambhavi, Shanty, Sharla, Shatha, Shawnee, Shukri, Sian, Sicilia, Siddalee, Stacia, Sybella, Sadaf, Safreen, Samanvitha, Santa, Satori, Sebastiana, Shakti, Shiori, Shraddha, Sistine, Sonoma, Soruha, Stuti, Suhavi, Sultana, Surveen
- 9: Saga, Sahari, Sakshi, Samriddhi, Samus, Satcha, Sayesha, Seema, Senora, Severine, Shari, Sita, Solomiya, Sonnet, Sophiah, Sorcha, Sunniva, Sydelle, Syrah, Syria
- 8: Sabriel, Sacred, Sadeen, Safiatou, Sahalie, Sahiba, Salice, Samika, Samsara, Sarem, Sarika, Saudia, Serafima, Shadow, Shamsa, Shasta, Shiny, Shreeja, Sibley, Simrat, Sinclaire, Smera, Solace, Sonika, Steely, Stellaluna, Summerlyn, Sunset
- 7: Sahithi, Salsabeel, Samrawit, Sathvika, Shalini, Shanae, Shanley, Shirleyann, Shterna, Shy, Sibella, Silje, Sinead, Siren, Sisira, Snighda, Sochikaima, Sondra, Sophira, Sophronia, Sosefina, Success, Sucely, Sujey, Summerrose, Sundae, Sunflower, Sylvanas, Sylvania
- 6: Sabra, Sahory, Sajdah, Samadhi, Sandrine, Sarabelle, Sarang, Saturn, Sawda, Senovia, Seraph, Shahana, Shahrazad, Shaivi, Shakia, Sharifa, Sheikha, Shiqi, Shiri, Shivanshi, Shoni, Sifan, Silva, Similoluwa, Simisola, Sisley, Sitora, Skyland, Socorro, Sojourner, Somtochukwu, Sonakshi, Sorelle, Southern, Sparkle, Srihitha, Stavroula, Stellar, Sula, Sumer, Supriya, Svara, Sway
- 5: Sadeem, Safana, Safura, Saki, Sakthi, Salimata, Salimatou, Samanda, Samuelle, Sandara, Sanskriti, Santiana, Sarani, Sareth, Sayumi, Seena, Sehajpreet, Selen, Seynabou, Shahina, Shahzoda, Shamila, Shamim, Shannara, Shantae, Shanvitha, Sheba, Shehrbano, Sherezade, Shiphrah, Shona, Shrita, Sidonie, Sincerity, Snowy, Solstice, Sookie, Sophonie, Soteria, Sravya, Srikruthi, Stana, Starling, Stellina, Sudiksha, Sueann, Suetta, Sulamita, Sulma, Sundari, Swecha, Sweden
Thoughts? Do you have a favorite rare ‘S’ names for girls? Let me know!